LONGBOARDERZ
LONGBOARDERZ
LONGBOARDERZ
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Livro Sobre Historias do Mundo do skate BUTTONS_HOMEPortalInícioLBZ TVLivro Sobre Historias do Mundo do skate BUTTONS_PHOTOSÚltimas imagensRegistarEntrar

Livro Sobre Historias do Mundo do skate

Ir para baixo 
AutorMensagem
PortugaldeSkate

PortugaldeSkate

Número de Mensagens : 1241
Modalidade Favorita (carvi, slide, dh,etc) : jogo da malha

Livro Sobre Historias do Mundo do skate Empty
MensagemAssunto: Livro Sobre Historias do Mundo do skate   Livro Sobre Historias do Mundo do skate EmptyQua 10 Jun 2009, 16:12

Pois já era falado há muito...
Um livro com histórias de quem anda de skate, com histórias de décadas, com nomes conhecidos da história recente da modalidade.
Eu tive o prazer de contribuir para este livro com uma pequena história do Portugal de Skate, espero com este contributo atrair mais pessoas a praticar skate.
Está disponível a sua pré encomenda, ainda não há em Português, mas acho que toda a gente consegue ler em inglês.
Quem está por de trás disto tudo é o grande Jack Smith uma das lendas vivas do skate, que com 52 anos já conta com três voltas aos estado unidos e uma vida cheia de aventura. Nasceu pelos estado unidos mas a sua mãe é açoreana, da terceira, é também daí que vem a sua fibra de aventureiro.
Vou deixar aqui a apresentação do mesmo e todos os contactos para poderem proceder a encomenda se quiserem.

Lives on Board 1949-2009"
Available for preorder June 9th, 2009

Many of you already know I have been putting together a book about the "everyman/woman" skateboarding life experience. When I originally started this project it was intended to be a small collection of skateboarding stories I had written over the past 30 years. As I began to edit the stories, it occurred to me that there were many more skateboarding stories out there, just waiting to be told…needing to be told.

I decided to open up the book up to anyone who wanted to contribute a story about his or her skateboarding life. I had no idea what was about to happen. After a few postings on various skateboarding websites, Facebook and a couple of e-mail blasts, the floodgates burst.

So here I am, 180-plus stories and nearly 10 times that many photos later. The project seemed overwhelming at times. Luckily, I was able to recruit my friend and fellow skateboarder Jonathan Harms to assist with the editing process. JBH, as he is known in the skateboard world, has an incredible grasp of the English language and superb attention to detail, as well as 30-plus years of skate experience of his own. Long time skateboarder and designer, Adrian Pina, created the graphic design of the book.

The book will include more than 180 stories and somewhere between 200-300 photographs. Along with the "everyman/everywoman" stories there will also be contributions from some "notable" skateboarders, and others from the skateboard industry that I have come to know since I began skateboarding in 1974. Here are just a few: Britt Parrott, Bryan Ridgeway, Chris Yandall, Curt Kimbel, Dave Dash, D. David Morin, Dave Hackett, Dan Gesmer, Ellen O'Neal, Di Dootson, Jim O'Mahoney, Jim Fitzpatrick, John Fudala, John "Tex" Gibson, Keith Meek, Laura Thornhill, Mark Partain, Mike Weed, Roger Hickey, Tom Sims and Wentzle Ruml IV.

Some of the great skateboarding photographers have graciously contributed to the book, including Ted Terrebonne, Mofo, Wynn Miller, Jim Goodrich and Grant Brittain.

The introduction is by Stacy Peralta.

"The Skateboarder's Journal - Lives on Board 1949-2009" will be self-published in July.
Color covers with black & white body.
Soft cover with perfect bind. Finish size: 8.264”" x 11.694”"
Approximately 250-300 pages

Price: $24.95

Shipping: (United States) USPS Media Mail $5.00 or UPS Ground $10.00
International: USPS $15.00

Available for preorder June 9th, 2009
Shipping in mid to late July 2009

Payment Options:
Paypal: jack@theskateboardersjournal.com
Check or Money Order:
Morro Skateboard Group