LONGBOARDERZ
LONGBOARDERZ
LONGBOARDERZ
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Acidente grave e uma chamada de atenção... - Página 2 BUTTONS_HOMEPortalInícioLBZ TVAcidente grave e uma chamada de atenção... - Página 2 BUTTONS_PHOTOSÚltimas imagensRegistarEntrar

Acidente grave e uma chamada de atenção...

Ir para baixo 
+6
Pedro Santos
Andre_Dice
gabe
pedro"streetsurfer"
Su
Guivans
10 participantes
Ir à página : Anterior  1, 2
AutorMensagem
Su
Admin
Su

Número de Mensagens : 3428

Acidente grave e uma chamada de atenção... - Página 2 Empty
MensagemAssunto: Re: Acidente grave e uma chamada de atenção...   Acidente grave e uma chamada de atenção... - Página 2 EmptyQua 11 Nov 2009, 14:33

bom post Guivans!!

Estes alertas nunca são demais, principalmente tratando-se de histórias reais, que infelizmente vão se repetindo algumas vezes.

Acima de tudo, devemos conhecer os nossos próprios limites e nunca ultrapassá-los... com a evolução natural que advém da prática esses mesmos limites vão se ultrapassando a eles próprios. Aquele que era o nosso limite há 6 meses, já não será o mesmo de hoje.

Somos humanos, não "super homens". Lembrem-se disso!

Se conseguires a tal morada do hospital ou e-mail, coloca aí por favor.
Ir para o topo Ir para baixo
http://thelongboarderz.com
Guivans
I support LBZ
Guivans

Número de Mensagens : 2875

Acidente grave e uma chamada de atenção... - Página 2 Empty
MensagemAssunto: Acidente grave e uma chamada de atenção...   Acidente grave e uma chamada de atenção... - Página 2 EmptyQua 11 Nov 2009, 14:14

Encontrei na net este post, escrito há minutos atrás...
Deixo para vocês lerem e reflectirem um pouco...

"Alright, I was going to give this a bit longer before posting anything, but given the VT race coming up this weekend, I decided it would be appropriate to say something now. Know your limits, please, don't push it too far. Pushing it is how you get better and is a ton of fun, but there is a point where you simply can't handle anything more.

Events this past weekend[November 8th] are what prompted this. I went to Mt. Lake with Andrew, a friend from school, and was planning on meeting WadeSexton there. Wade had been hung up on the way and wasn't able to meet us at my apartment beforehand, so, he was driving straight to the hill. Andrew and I each did a run without any problems before Wade showed up. When Wade got there, he commented on how impressive the road was that he drove up to get to the top and said that he would follow me down the first run.

Wade is 25 years old, and was told the overview of the hill (1.5 miles long, 55 mph top recorded speed according to GPS, 13 turns, multiple drifting turns etc.) I pushed off and started heading down the hill assuming that Wade would take an easy first run to get a feel for the hill. I got to the bottom and sat on the railing expecting to see Wade and the follow car coming down a few minutes later. I waited for a few minutes, and then heard screeching tires from the follow car.

Andrew simply told me that Wade got hurt. In an abbreviated version, Wade went into a right hand sweeper at around 30 mph (as estimated by the car) and lost it into a guard rail. Wade is now in the hospital with no feeling below the waist. As reported by Craig (related to Wade), Wade came out of surgery stable, but the doctor said "the odds of getting feeling or walking are slim."

Please, I have personally been in a bad crash that put me into a coma and nearly took my life. I have now been present when someone I just met took a fall on a guard rail and is facing paralysis at the age of 25. Push yourselves, have a killer time, but know what you are capable of handling. Nothing else really to it...go fast as hell and have the time of your life, but know yourself well enough to be able to stay within your abilities. Screwing up can mean some uncomfortable road rash...or it can mean something a whole lot worse.

I do plan to track down his hospital mailing address so that we can send cards and good wishes. I was flooded with cards from people around the world when I was in the hospital, it really did make me feel better. I still have them and I can't imagine ever throwing them away. If you're religious, add an extra prayer for a skater in need."
Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Acidente grave e uma chamada de atenção...
Ir para o topo 
Página 2 de 2Ir à página : Anterior  1, 2